P45

P45

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Soundtrack to the first week as one-in-half-a-million

RedundancyGal is a music obsessive. Oh yes!

Listening to it. Dancing to it. Talking about it. Arguing over it. You get the picture.

And ReducnacyGal is also rather partial to a TopFive.

So after having given the last post a soundtrack – I have been thinking of my TopFive and TopFive also-rans to my first week as a one-in-half-a-million.

If I ever get anyone to read my blog, I would love to get into some debate over redundancy tunes.

And I think I might even do soundtracks to each post if that's not too ambitious....

So here goes.... 

Top Five Tracks for redundancy 

'Lay offs,strikes have only just begun…'

What a track! What an album!
 
'Losin' out on everything you might try to do
Bad luck's there, it's got a hold on you'

People of the World!!! - Well, if you're going to be made redundant you might as well go out in a blaze of disco glory....

 'Don't, don't you want me
You know I don't believe you
When you say that you don't need me'

'Government leaving the youth on the shelf
 This place, is coming like a ghost town
  No job to be found in this country'

Well - you can only be grown-up, well-balanced and mature about this for so long before you have to revert....



1 comment:

  1. And here are the Top Five Also-Runs...

    1 - Bessie Smith-"Nobody knows you when you're down and out"
    2  - Ramones - It's Not My Place ( In The 9 To 5 World)
    3 - Beck - Soul Suckin' Jerk
    4 - Curtis Mayfield - Hard Times 
    5 - Unemployment Blues - Macka B

    ReplyDelete